Thursday, November 13, 2014

First things first...

So you want to start a new blog? You're probably waiting for that spark. That moment of inspiration.

That idea that makes you feel like an adult with a reason for rambling on the internet but like so many lame-o's before you, it never comes.

Yet, we blog anyway...

Baby it's cold outside!

So what does cold make us want to do? Stay inside and get cozy and crafty. So I present to you, while not a new project, one of my favorites. A super cozy little blanket I knitted for my now three-year-old niece on the occasion of her birth.



I chose a sweet melony pink for this blanket, and picked out what ever felt soft and cozy.



A free pattern for a Basketweave Baby Blanket is available free on Ravelry, but as it is so simple I will just repost here in the interest of time.






The truth is, the pattern here is not the exact one since the pattern I used is not reversible--showing a wavy form on the back--but after three years, this is the closest I've found.


WANTED: The real pattern for this blanket!
  • Cast on 180 
  • Rows 1-6: knit 6, purl 6 (known as seed stitch) and repeat to last six stitches, then 6 seed stitches (i.e. k, p, k, p, k, p)
  • Rows 7-12: 6 seed stitch (purl 6, knit 6) and repeat to last six stitches, then 6 seed stitches 
  • Repeat 22 times
  • Six rows of seed stitch (k, p, k, p, k, p, etc.)
  • Bind off










Have you seen the pattern for this baby blanket anywhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment